Monday, December 29, 2014

A peek into God's Own Country- Kerala



All set to get Pampered @ God's Own Country !!!

As I contemplated between various Destinations to break away from my routine for a good week to 10 days, without doubt Kerala topped the list keeping in mind my priorities of being cut away, closest to nature and definitely a detox to bounce back afresh to Life...

                              On touching down Cochin , I was fascinated by the Yester-World feel of the Airport which looked like a Pretty old Bungalow in comparison to the modern and trendy Airports we witness today, making me feel even more excited about my days here...So, hopping into the car along with my courteous driver I set off to reach my actual Destination- Soma Kerala Palace, a resort about an hour towards Alleppey. We reach a massive gate and I cant wait to see the palace I am about to spend my next 10 days wheras all I see is the beautiful backwaters and not one concrete structure around... Puzzled I ask him and come to understand that my Resort is literally on an Island amidst the backwaters where my small little wooden boat was ready to transport me through a journey which was nothing but Divine, gliding along the backwaters with greenery on either side welcoming me to "God’s Own Country" !!


                        

 'Warmth' is the word to describe my moment at the resort, it was like everyone here had been awaiting my arrival and affection is their way of Life...I instantly could weigh the amount of pampering I would receive through my stay and needless to say my heart jumped a beat of joy seeing this little Heaven. 
Soma Kerala Palace-my Little Heaven!!!

Being an Ayurveda resort, a rendez-vous with the doctor is step-1 to fall into a pattern  and choose a treatment according to our desired output of being here- my choice was definitely a Rejuvenation and Detox .Hence, the doc decides my food, routine and activities to ensure the purpose of visit is fulfilled after which I am shown to my cosy little wodden cottage with an old world charm and a homely feel attached to it. Surrounded by nothing expect water and birds around me, I feel a sense of content and calmness overtake me as I drift into a peaceful afternoon nap which turns out to be my everyday Siesta awakened by Anila, my innocent massage therapist who seems determined to make me feel relaxed with her magical hands running across every nerve showing what Ayurveda can be capable off and boi, yes I was pampered to heaven and back ;) so 3.PM everyday was my most desired hour by default!!!

Relaxation + Massage + Ayurveda

The one part I have been secretly looking forward is the mouth-watering Kerala food which I cant wait to lay my hands on... from the puttu-channa, malayali Fish curry,  appam-stew the list could go on...but little did I know that my Detox routine bans me from this exciting cuisine with my doc taking charge of my daily intakes and ensures they load me with the healthiest food I have consumed in my Lifetime. And believe me I actually loved their style of salads n nutrition's I consumed ritually... 
I recall one unforgettable instance where the aroma of Fish curry dragged me right into the kitchen and the next moment I found myself convincing the Chef to teach me their secret recipe and allow me to try my hand at the yummiest food I have ever consumed... Well that was definitely ' A Fishy Experience" for me as I instilled magic into my fav dish -the Kerala way ;)
Cooking my Fav dish- Fish Curry

Set amidst the backwaters and Sunrise the highlight of my everyday routine was the early morning 6.00 AM Yoga sessions making me feel so alive and connected to the entire Universe. Not being an early morning person, I was surprised at my activeness every morning to be up and witness  my master transport us through a journey of self , with my joy knowing no boundaries as I accomplished the upside-down Head stand position which to me was the Ultimate moment of satisfaction. So, to celebrate my own little victory I decided to gift myself the only available outing-  a Catamaran ride with a fisherman I had made quick friends with who I rowed happily along the backwaters gliding along the most tranquil pathway of nature.
The Picture Perfect view around me!!

My days swing by through busy schedules of Relaxing and honestly I could never have imagined a better Self-Vacation where I experience a sense of purity induced into me, capturing the most beautiful part of nature my eyes were witnessing and at that instant I knew, for me- This is my GOD...


Shakthi Tours & Travels
My moment of Happiness is what I would like everyone around me to share- Hence at Shakthi Tours & Travels, we are passionate about the Holidays we create to Kerala and ensure we show our Clients the best of God's Own Country to utmost satisfaction.

For Planning a trip call our Mallu expert Jaychandran @ 9884954822/ 42179800
visit us at www.shakthitoursandtravels.in for best Holidays across the Country and around the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment